Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter Wonderland in Michigan!

I'm back...and it feels good! It's been a crazy couple of months but I'm back to blogging. I can't believe how fast time flies!

If you live in or near Michigan...you know we've had our share of snow in the 2nd week of February and more on the way. So I've decided to dedicate my newest pieces, 'Winter Wonderland' to, well, snow lovers!

Each piece is made with Magnesite; also known as White Buffalo Turquoise. This is 'not' to be confused with Sacred Buffalo Turquoise which is mined in the Dry Creek Mine in Nevada. Sacred Buffalo Turquoise is expensive and rare.

In color, it's typically white, but ranges from colorless to gray or tan. It often has brownish matrix. Magnesite is often dyed to resemble howlite and much-pricier turquoise. It is very difficult to distinguish this enhanced magnesite from real turquoise with matrix.

Magnesite is said to assist in creative visualization, help bring peace in meditation and stimulate passion. It is also believed to help strengthen the bones and teeth. Magnesite is found around the world.

Please visit me at Cactus and Coyote to view these pieces.

 Hope you're all enjoying the winter season!  I, personally, can't wait for the summer heat!  :)  Annie~

No comments: